Primestone is a young and growing company that is entering into the food business. We are a group of like-minded individuals – young, enthusiastic, and energetic, who believe that creativity, hard work and constant improvement will bring about success.
We are looking for a skilled and innovative Pastry Chef who strives to provide excellent baked food in an efficient and professional manner. A chef who focuses on product, service and presentation in handling the design, creation and execution of great quality and innovative foods. The role will also demand timely assessment and enhancement on recipes, ingredients and finished products on the menu. Constant improvement in product, process and presentation along with evaluation of competition would be vital elements of the role.
The candidate must be efficient, enthusiastic, creative with a friendly disposition, focusing on food quality and customer satisfaction. The role demands high level of organization, decision making, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of baking techniques. Technically sound individual, fully aware of kitchen equipment and technical requirements which best suit the setup, maintenance and improvement in the production process.
· Conceptualizing, designing, executing, and improving products, recipes and menus.
· Setting up the production process and evaluating and advising on kitchen equipment for the business.
· Assessing and identifying raw materials and ingredients suppliers to ensure quality finished products and meeting food safety and quality controls standards.
· Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
· Designing and decorating products using icing, glaze, filling, and decorations to enhance presentation, converting the project concept into market realities.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Passionate and about food, flavors, ingredients and a variety of cuisines.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Further education in Culinary Arts would be an added advantage.
· Technical competency in bakery products and highly aware of innovation and current trends in the industry.
· High level of understanding of ingredient functionality, and commercialization of ingredients.
· Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and finished products to customers.
· Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
· Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfil orders, and create amazing baked goods.
· Basic computer and excel skills to handle product costing and maintain records.
· Russian speaking chef with vast knowledge of East European cuisine preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED8,000.00 to AED10,000.00 /month
- 10: 5 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org